Monday, December 25, 2006

Merry Christmas!


Colander face
Originally uploaded by Smallbrainfield.
I made Christmas dinner for 9, with all the trimmings and nobody died eating it, so all in all a pretty good day.
Best bit personally was the red wine and onion gravy, but pretty much all of it rocked. The turkey wasn't dry, the bacon wrapped sausages were a treat, the roast potatoes had it going on, and seeing as I was cook, I got plenty of choice bits, including a few extra bits of roast parsnip. In fact, there was so much stuff we had a half hour break before the christmas pudding and I didn't need any tea, settling for a cup of tea and a slice of Christmas cake.

While watching Doctor Who, which delivered the goods in spades and of course the teaser for the new season episodes was proper stuff. Then there was an advert for the Torchwood finale, which looks like it might be good, and the new Sara Jane series, which looks ace and really scary, though it's supposed to be for kids.

Of course, the best part of cooking for lots of people is you know you're not going to have to wash up afterwards. I did load the dishwasher, though I still have a get out of work free pass until midnight, so I don't think I'm going to get any suprise jobs, like decorating the hall. Anyway here's to a prosperous new year!

No comments: