Sunday, November 26, 2006

Health


Salad
Originally uploaded by Smallbrainfield.
In a bid for health, I've started exercising again. Amazingly, I also made a salad for lunch. Here it is. I fucked it up slightly by adding feta, which is basically salt in cheese form, and the olives were in brine, so more salt there. Still, it's the thought that counts. Then I went round to my mums and had a massive turkey dinner and a big bowl of dessert, with lots of wine. Did I mention I went to a 40th birthday party last night and ate scotch eggs, vol au vents and ham? Lovely, lovely food, finished off with a slice of Black Forest Gateaux, made the traditional way, i.e, having never been anywhere near a black forest, cherries or a frenchman. Or a German.

Saddest image of the evening had to be either 40 year old men dancing to the Smiths ( they had brought gladioli and were waving them about), or some other 40 year old blokes dancing to The Cults' She Sells Sanctuary. I expect 20 years ago they were all sniffing at each other down the indie disco, then getting beaten up by casuals on the way home.

Still, you can't fault a bloke for trying, can you?

1 comment:

corine said...

I'm not so sure about a blog entry on health that actually makes you crave vol au vent and chocolate cake.

Forty is the new twenty for women... and the new ten for men.